We are aware that people are still feeling uncertain about attending large indoor gatherings and although we are having most of our usual Christmas services, we are expecting them to be a little more low key than usual.
You are very welcome to join us. Masks are a requirement for everyone attending unless you are medically exempt.
Our traditional Christmas carol service will be on Sunday 12th December at 6pm with refreshments of minced pies and mulled wine served afterwards.
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Services
There are 3 services across Christmas Eve and Christmas Day taking place in the St Chad's Church building.
- Christingle: 4pm, Friday 24th Dec. The traditional Christmas service that tells the story of God's love for the world using an orange and sweets (amongst other things)
- Christmas Eve Communion service: 11.30pm, Friday 24th Dec. A traditional service to welcome in Christmas Day.
- Christmas Day service: 10am, Saturday 25th Dec. A service of Holy Communion on Christmas morning suitable for all ages. Feel free to bring in a present!
Please note the following information with regards to the covid-19 pandemic, to help mitigate risks and keep people as safe as we can at our
- Hand sanitiser will be made available upon entry to the
- Face masks are required, except for a permitted reason (e.g., a medical reason, children under the age of 12)
- We try to reserve the side aisles for people who do not wish to sing or be near those who sing.
- Please do not come to the service if you have covid-19 symptoms
or if you are required to self-isolate.