Have A Go Show
Saturday, 8th September 2018
St Chad’s Church, Linden
£1 per adult entrant, 50p per child under 12
- Bring your entries between 9.30 and 10.15am
for judging 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Collection of show items 2pm-2.30pm
of produce after 2.30pm
vegetables, fruit and baking to be shown on a plate - paper
ones will be available on the day.
The aim of the “Have a Go” show is to display the work and talents of the local community. Everyone is encouraged to enter even if this is your first year of growing, making and baking, especially if you have never entered a show before. Judging and awarding of certificates are to add a bit of fun to the event and reward efforts.
for the Show
- All entries to be
brought to church between 9.30am and 10.15am on the day.
- Entries should not
be shop bought with the exception of making fruit and vegetable animals
and plain gingerbread figures for decorating. These entries should be the work
of the entrant.
- Some classes are especially for children, but we would like them to feel free to enter alongside the adults in any class.
- Age ranges for children’s classes are 4-7 years and 8-11 years
- Judging will take place between 10.30am and 12.30pm and the judges’ decisions are final. Church will be closed during this time.
- General public viewing is from 12.30 until 2.00pm. Light refreshments will be served during this time.
- All entries must be collected between 2.00pm and 2.30pm.
- Any unclaimed entries left in church after 2.30pm will be sold or disposed of – unless otherwise arranged.
- Care will be taken with all exhibits but the organisers cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Advice can be sought via 07809080131
Vegetable and Fruit Section
- 3 potatoes any variety
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 6 tomatoes
- 6 runner beans
- 3 mixed veg – not otherwise in schedule
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 3 beetroot globes
- 1 green cabbage
- 3 courgettes (similar length, max 25cm)
- 1 cucumber
- 3 sweet corn cobs
- Heaviest Vegetable
- 10 soft fruit on a plate eg blackberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries
- 5 fruit on a plate – not otherwise in schedule
- 3 rhubarb stems
- 5 apples on a plate
- Child - Animal made out of fruit and/or vegetables
Floral Art Section
- 1 Vase of 3 dahlias
- 1 chrysanthemum - spray
- 3 gladioli – any variety
- 1 single rose
- Miniature floral arrangement (must not exceed 15cm overall)
- Floral arrangement (must not exceed 60cm overall)
- 1 vase mixed garden flowers
- 6 pansy or viola heads on a plate
- Child - miniature garden – made in an empty sweet or biscuit box
Preserves and Baking Section
- 1lb jar fruit jam
- 1lb jar fruit jelly
- 1lb jar chutney
- 1lb jar pickle eg piccalilli
- 4 sweet biscuits/cookies one variety
- 4 pieces of tray-bake
- 3 fruit scones
- Baked item containing vegetable(s) - please supply label indicating veg used.
- Victoria Sandwich 7 inch (175g self raising flour; 175g caster sugar; 175g butter; vanilla essence; 3 eggs; raspberry jam; no dusting)
- Child – Victoria sandwich – as above
- 1 embroidery item
- 1 item knitted
- 1 item crocheted
- 1 sewn item
- Child – 1 item using any of the above.
- Single photograph – theme ‘Seasons’
- Single hand produced picture eg pencil, pastel, oil, charcoal or watercolour’
- 1 item not otherwise on the schedule eg wood, stone, clay
- Child – single hand-produced picture